102B Activated Alumina Claus Catalyst
102B activated alumina claus catalyst is mainly used to catalyze the claus sulfur recovery technique in which hydrogen sulfide reacts with sulfur dioxide to generate pure sulfur.
Chemical composition (wt%)
- AL2O3 (wt%): 88
- TiO2 (wt%): 5
This 102B activated alumina claus catalyst can solve the following problems:
- Because the existing of trace oxygen and organic sulfur in the feed gas will generate sulfate at the working conditions of claus device, the widely used activated alumina sulfur recovery catalyst has obvious disadvantages, that is BET decreasing and activity loss.
- Normally, the service life of activated alumina sulfur recovery catalyst is only about one year, and the deactivation will go faster when the oxygen concentration is high. But usually the hydration of organic sulfur need higher reaction temperature which doesn't match with claus reaction and will go against the normal proceeding of the claus reaction.
- The conversion of organic sulfur is high, and the effect of deoxygenation is better.
- This 102B activated alumina claus catalyst prevents the generation of sulfate during the reaction process.
- This 102B activated alumina claus catalyst has also clean-up effect and can protect the normal use of sulfur recovery catalyst, which extend the service life of activated alumina catalyst.
- When the organic sulfur content is high, decreasing the gas velocity will be suitable methods to satisfy the technological requirements.
The catalyst packing mode is to put this 102B claus catalyst on activated alumina catalyst, and keep it be covered to avoid bias current. And its quantity should be 1/3 of alumina catalyst.
- High oxygen concentration will affect the conversion of organic sulfur, but the final conversion will not be affected if the oxygen concentration returns to normal.
| Appearance || White spherical |
| Specification (mm) || Φ4-6 (3/16') |
| Specific surface area( m2/g ) || 240 |
| Total pore volume (cc/g ) || 0.45 |
| Bulk density (g/cm3 ) || 0.70-0.80 |
| Compressive strength( N/sphere ) || 200 |
| Abrasion loss ( wt% ) || 0.1 |
25kg/bags, 500kg/bags, 800kg/bags, 1000kg/bags, 150kg/drum, 2000LB/bags